We've reached the end of a month and its time to get paid. Let's talk about how that works.
Throughout the month, subscriber payments are flowing in a few different ways:
- Subscribers who pay on your Odeum-powered website - the revenue will flow into Odeum and will be reported in near real-time in the Odeum dashboard.
- Subscribers who pay through In-App-Purchases in one of your apps - the revenue will flow into App Stores and then directly to you based on the terms of the developer agreement you have with those app stores. These payments will also be reported in the Odeum Dashboard within about 24 hours. The App Stores will pay you directly after taking their fees. Each app store is different and pay-outs will happen most-likely in about 30 days after the close of a month.
The Financial Statement
At the end of each month an Odeum Financial Statement is generated. It takes a few days for our team to double-check the numbers and we may need to adjust line-items if there have been refunds during the previous month. When our review is complete, the Financial Statement can be viewed in the Dashboard and will be listed as "Open".
The Financial Statement will have these items:
- Subscription Revenue - Odeum Platform - this is a credit for the revenue that came in during the month from your subscribers who paid directly through Odeum.
- Subscription Revenue - Apple/Google/Roku - this is a credit for the revenue that came in during the month from your subscribers who paid through In-App-Purchases on the app platforms.
- Direct Distribution - Apple/Google/Roku - this is a debit for the revenue that was distributed directly to you from the app stores.
- Per-Subscriber Fees - this is a debit of your per-subscriber monthly fees. Please see Per-Subscriber Fees in Odeum for more details.
- Stored Video Fee - this is a debit for your video storage. Please see Content Storage in Odeum for more details.
- Transaction Fees - this is a debit of transaction fees for all the transactions that were made during the month. 2.9% + $0.30 (+1% for international cards)
- Refunds - A debit for any refunded subscriber fees that were refunded during the month.
Within 30 days of the end of the month, Odeum will issue a pay-out to the Publisher. You can control the method of payout by updating your information in the Billing Details section of the dashboard.
At this time, Odeum supports payment by mailed Check or ACH.